18.8.06

What are they going to call it?

There is a new behaviour to study. Pyschologists and behavioural scientists all across the world are fascinated with this breed rising up within popular culture. Fortunately, variations of this conduct have been around for millenia and this latest strain will be analyzed starting from existing research, giving scientists an imporant head start in combatting this vicious malady.

It is contagious and spreading, much like a mob grows in the midst of rebellion. As the crowd advances, more and more catch on, no longer watching from the fringe, but joining in as the madness swells! Arrogance balloons and a sudden, proud swagger appears even amongst those once considered the most meek and mild in society. Were this pattern of growth to continue, surely it will bring about the destruction of all we hold sacred, shattering the precious psyches of many fragile friends, disrupting the proliferation of creative thought, inhibiting fertile minds, assimilating all but the strongest of wills.

The existence of this behaviour should not be surprising. As mentioned above, earlier variants have thrived throughout the course of human history; this new blip on the radar, though compelling, was not unexpected. What has caught researchers offguard is how quickly these mannerisms have been adopted by society-at-large, threatening to overpower a burgeoning industry. In reality, it is merely following the pattern of everything else associated with its source: the internet.


What is this virulent manner, you ask? What is this plague poised on the precipice of disaster? What is threatening to plunge each one of us into the abyss of despair?

Blog bullies.

You know who you are: you who demand updates only to scratch your junkie itch, to satiate your unceasing need to read more and more AND MORE! You know who you are: You who feign interest in personal lives in order to hide your informant's addicition to know all! You know who you are: daring to dispirit the private world of creative genius by demanding production according to your timetables! Yes, you know who you are.

BACK OFF!!! I'll blog when I wanna!! SO THERE!!!
(author sticks out his tongue, makes a silly face and runs away as fast as his little feet can carry him)

7 comments:

brent said...

Hee hee hee...couldn't resist...you guys gave me something to blog about!! I love you :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Switch!
Celia just introduced me to her site..and I found yours too. I am so happy to hear you are doing well.. and happily married too! How long has it been?
I too am married, Josiah and I just celebrated our fourth anniversary. I finally got my teaching degree and am looking for an elementary school position for the fall.
Can you believe it has been over 7 years...time flies.
...BRFilson@gmail.com

A J Craig said...

Seriously, when is the next one coming...

Lisa-Marie said...

Hey Brent do you think I know this "Rookie"?

Tyco Montoyo said...

About flipping time, MORON! Now I can get some rest because my body has stopped convulsing.

Ashley Ronnell said...

Your faithful readers love even a post about how mean they are. Incredible.

Anonymous said...

I'm humbled and highly impressed by your diatribe on the evils of "blog bullies". That being said, I would like to point out that Cat's blog still says "Day 3 at CLBI" and she's been there several weeks now. I'd simply like to know if she's having fun yet :) it's only because I care! That's right...I bully because I love!