27.8.06

Once and awhile

I'm not one for getting all emotional on my blog. Generally, I like to keep it at a distance, make strikes at being witty or thoughtful, occasionally dabbling in the auto-biographical. I don't know, it's not a set-in-stone-philosophy or anything, just the way it's worked out.

Last night, I got the opportunity to head out to Camp Luther with some youth. I brought 5 teens who had never been out to camp (not totally true, some had been campers way long ago) and my wife was there with me too (the first time she'd been to Camp Luther while in summer mode). It was really great! I love that place and the people I've known because of it. It is truly a special, God-blessed sanctuary that is a home for so many incredible young men and women....it's awesome (not in the watered-down version of awesome, but the intended, passionate, drop-to-your-knees and shudder awesome). Yeah.

These youth seemed to like it. They were thankful for the chance to experience it and see what their friends find so amazing (three other youth from Zion were at camp there). I was glad to hear that :)

I am poor at keeping my eyes-ears-heart-mind open to God encouraging me and yet, I managed to see-hear-feel-sense Him this time...so often, the knowledge of the impact any one of our lives can have on another (peer-parent-camper-youth-whatever) is hidden from us to keep us humble (I think so)...when we can see it, even for a moment, the potential blows us away. I am blown away and I am blessed to have served.

Yeah.

P.S. - I unintentionally started chaining words-thoughts-ideas together with hyphens tonight...weird.

2 comments:

kortney said...

Thanks for posting again. You're re-added to my links :)

Also, Camp Luther is so special to my heart too - it holds so many memories, good times and learnings. I'll never forget it or leave it behind.

Anonymous said...

Hi Switch/Brent,
~~~~
It's great to find you here.
~~~~~~
Remember me?
I'm the camper that had the crazy little brother at camp and studied Japanese before.
~~~~~~~~~~
It sounds like you had a blast going out to Camp. How'd your wife like it? I like how you've linked your words together I often do that so that it stands out somewhat. Did you know that I'm married now too? OH and can I add your link to my blogroll? (that's the fancy name Wordpress has for the page that the list of "blog" links goes) On my blogspot profile there's a link to my wordpress webpage, if you want to come and visit, i'll be there. I just listened to one of your songs too, didn't know you had a CD, that's awesome! Do you accept paypal? Peace out. Check ya l8er.