22.2.06

Correction

Okay, apparently, I'm not so good at Laser Tag. Oops. I am terrible at this game. I get shot a lot. A LOT. And I hit almost no one. At least not on my opponents' two tiny sensors with my pathetic LED light "laser" pistol... two stupid sensors on a human being's entire body. Sheesh! Yeah, cause to shoot someone in real life I'd have to make sure I shoot them right in that 2-inch hexagonal region overtop of their stomach! Yeah, that's the sweet spot for sniping fatality!!! Uh-hunh! Sure it is. And in the jungles of Viet Nam you could easily avoid death by crouching down with your back on a tree, covering up aforementioned sweet spot with your arm. Yeah. Cause a bullet can't penetrate that! It's impossible!

(Do you sense the bitterness here? I am a touch competitive. Un peu.)

I have a hard time admitting that I'm simply terrible at something. Which would include Laser Tag. Oh well. The key to the whole evening was that I had fun. Can't you tell? ;P

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww...
Poor Brent. You'll just have to plan an event of something that you're better at to make yourself feel better.
;)
On the plus side...
the kids had fun, and more importantly, I beat you!

Anonymous said...

I have a theory: Laser tag is fixed! One of our youth (Karin) won a game and all she was doing was pointing in the air and firing the trigger and people around her were dying. Don't ask me how... but it was amazing.

But I thought it was true that we couldn't kill people unless we hit that little hexagonal shape on their chest. I guess I was wrong. Or I thought that you can shoot people like 20 times before they die. (Like on video games)

Ok, I'm tired and Going to bed...

loveyoubyebye

Kathy said...

I see you like Henry Nouwen. Could you recommend a great starting place to read of his. I have only been exposed to quotes so far. Titles please.

I enjoy your writing.

Kathy

A J Craig said...

Kathy,
I would start with "Letters to Mark about Jesus" I really enjoyed that one, although it's hard to find a Nouwen book I didn't like. You have to spit out some bones with his stuff, but he packs more thought in a paragraph than most do in entire chapters.

Lisa-Marie said...

Hey there Brent!
I was reading through your blogs, since I noticed you in Aimee's comments and I thought could it be?? And thus it was you! It's great to hear your thoughts (although I must admit some of them were a little over the head for me... I'm more concrete than abstract) I read the post where at the end you said you'd top off the number of places you've lived in... well I come awfully close and I'm much younger than you! I lived in 10 different town/cities across Canada. The furthest east being Gander, NFLD and the furthest west was Mission, BC (that does NOT include moving from one home to another in the same town... with that if you were asking "How many times you've packed up and moved to a new place?" it'd be 19 times!! all within 23 years!!) Wow! I never really realized I've packed up my stuff that many times! No wonder why I hate packing and moving! So you have a close second place winner... :) I wonder where I'll end up next??
Lisa-Marie aka Nacho