7.12.05

Community

I like this. I like writing, reading what others write, being able to "hear" the opinions of people I never converse with. But blogging is like a conversation, replete with statements and comments, and comments on comments. I like it.

Enjoying the blogworld puts me smack-in-the-middle of an community I never thought I'd join:
cell-phone: never!
instant messaging: couldn't be bothered!
blogging: what's blogging?

Well, needless to say, I have grown in the last few years to really appreciate this world. I suppose it's popular because it's got some great advantages... and I like it.


A community linked through computer screens (which are much less intrusive than they once were - my flat panel display is a welcome addition) and wireless media. Many would argue that it's not a community at all, but if you're reading this, you know different, don't you?

Welcome to the real world, Neo.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading blogs, because it makes me feel like I'm reading someone's diary, sometimes...and I'm nosy.
Did you know I live in Surrey and you live in Cloverdale? I should visit you at your church one day maybe.
From Kortney

heidi said...

haha, too funny...

i'm reading random blogs because i'm bored and i came across your's after i searched for cs lewis fans, and lo and behold you are friends with my friends. are you related to the klassens? my brother andy is married to cara (abrahams) may not seem to weird, but when moments when the world seems smaller make me smile.

Kathy said...

Yup, it's a community. I'm so happy for you and your wife about the immigration process finally moving ahead. I remember being VERY frustrated with the process 28 years ago and I know it's gotten more difficult. And the thing is no one (mostly) that you work with to immigrate is excited or welcoming - I so hoped to be welcomed. Well, I settled for allowed - a very distant response.

Kathy